Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Italian Cream Cheese Chicken

Another stolen recipe, this time the original recipe can be found here. As always, there are other tasty looking recipes there, so enjoy browsing!

This one has gotten thumbs up from my family and the others I've shared this with. It tastes yummy over egg noodles, though we've had it over rice too (my husband insisted he would never like anything with egg noodles, but after tasting it with rice he decided egg noodles would be preferable with this dish). It was good over both. My biggest problem is that I normally finish cooking dinner 3 hours before I eat it myself (due to my husband's work schedule) and I have to fight to keep from stealing bites of it before dinner time! It's great, because it's a crockpot meal that if you don't remember to get around to it until after lunchtime, it can still be ready. Or if you remember first thing in the morning and choose to do it then, it sits well for a few hours until it's time to eat.

Ingredients:

2-4 chicken breasts (my family uses 2)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of whatever sounds good to you)
6oz cream cheese, room temp and cubed
1 packet dry Italian seasoning

Preparation:

Lay chicken breasts into the crock pot. Mix cream of mushroom soup and Italian seasonings and put in crock pot with the chicken (as I use only half the chicken, we also use only half the packet of seasonings, but still use the full amounts of cream cheese and soup). Cook on low for 3 hours. Add cubed cream cheese. Cook for another hour. (The first time I made this, I added the cream cheese at the beginning and it still cooked well). Shred chicken. The original directions say to remove the chicken to shred it, but I've found that after several hours in the crock pot it usually falls apart easily with a fork without having to take it out.

Serve over egg noodles (or your pasta of choice) and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment